We’re halfway through 2017, I’ve handled things I didn’t think I could. I’ve grown as a woman and accepted things for what they are. I’ve let go of many negative patterns and toxic people and replaced them with positive routines and self care practices.
This year has tested me in many ways but I have learnt to ride the waves rather than resist them.
- Letting go of what does not serve me. Clearing out what no longer serves me. Listening to myself and not settling.
- Creating and sustaining a solid self-care practice: Right now my routine includes… morning meditation, morning work outs, taking baths daily, reading before bed time, and taking time to myself when I need it. If you would like me to do a full post on my new routine let me know in the comments section.
- Trusting myself. I have finally learnt to trust my instincts. Learning to make a decision and know that whatever I decide is right for me without second guessing it.
- Getting my money right. I have finally paid off my student loan, opened up a house savings account, and I am feeling a lot more positive towards my finances. I usually spend money on travel as this has been my priority. And although it still is, i realise i have to get other financial priorities in check too.
- It’s okay not to know where your going. Learning to trust the process and trust the timing of my life. Letting go of the past, I am realising better days are coming if i just learn to let go of fear.
- Letting go of fear and self doubt. Not letting fear drive my choices, or dictating my life. Not allowing fear to become part of the stories that make up my life.
- The Universe has my back. My relationship with the universe and spirituality has taken a strong turn, and I am really delving into this world. I have always been a bit reluctant towards this part of me – and brushed it off as a bit ‘woo woo’ but the more i delve into it, the more in tune with myself i feel.
The first half of 2017 has seen a huge shift for me that has changed my life in an extreme but incredibly needed way. It has really shone a light on all aspects of my life that i needed to improve. I feel better than I have in what feels like forever. Like the alchemist i feel like i’ve finally learnt how to turn sh*t into gold.
What has the first 6 months of the year felt like for you? Let me know!
Enjoyed this post? Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin’ for daily mantras and motivation!