Settling for a life that’s less than you deserve is pretty much the sh*ttiest move you can do for yourself, so why do so many of us do this? Consciously or subconsciously a lot of us settle for a life that’s just ‘fine’ FINE?! Really? That’s what your one shot at this magical life is going to be? Scientists have calculated that the chances of us even being born are 1 in 400,000,000,000. You are a miracle. So let’s get to work.
- GET REAL.Write down exactly how your life is now, right this moment. Do it now. What your wearing, wear you work, your qualifications, current location – THE LOT. Write it all down. Next to this write down the kind of person you want to become, what you want to achieve, even your desired location, partner, career. it’s okay to put some of your idols for inspiration but it’s important you focus on how this can be your life. Not someone else’s.
- Cut the crap. The non- negotiable’s.
Cut the stories you tell yourself every day. Stop telling yourself you are not enough and stop settling. What are your three most important focus areas? Decide on your three highest priorities. This may be: finances, career and love life. Or it could be smaller goals such as, saving ten pounds a week, going to the gym once a week. Goals often seem scary as we go into crazy overdrive and make unrealistic goals, keep them simple and manageable for the best results.
- Start now. It will never be the right time, you will never feel 100% ready so go for it now. If you have a business plan that you’re too scared to start. Or a fitness journey you have been putting off for months, start today. If you want to get back into education, or start on a new career path. Go for it, right now – even just taking the smallest step! You will thank yourself this time next year. Do something today that you’re future self will be thankful for.
- Write it down. Ideas pop into my head at a million miles an hour – I never really used to write them down, but now that’s completely changed. I have a journal where I write down daily ideas sometimes I even draw them to help me visualise. This can be anything from where you next want to travel, blog post ideas, life goals or even 5 year plans! Just write it down so you can look back on it!
- Believe in yourself. Reinvent yourself if you have too. Nobody has to be the same person they were yesterday. In order to be a #girlboss you have to have blind faith in yourself and your own abilities. This is so key to success, if you cannot see your own worth then how is anyone else going to? Change is good, in fact one of the best things in life is our ability to change, grow and adapt. Especially in your twenties. I genuinely believe that you are still finding yourself well into your twenties, even thirties. Life doesn’t have a finish line, time is an illusion and it’s never too late to become who you want to be.